Translate

Thursday, May 30, 2013

K-Pop Review: G-Dragon - MichiGO

Per usual GD is “a bit” crazy in his videos, but on the other hand, it wouldn’t be him if he wasn’t. But I have to say, I didn’t love this song. I still like it a lot, but I almost feel this is a bit too much for me. I loved ‘Crayon’ a lot, but this sort of felt like I got hit in the face, and not really in a good way.

The song has a very heavy sound, and I like it. I just don’t love it. If I’m in the mood for a song like this it’s definitely awesome, but otherwise it’s a bit meh. It’s not a song I can listen to every day. I don’t really know how else to explain it… It’s just… Not for everyday listening (well, for me).

But even thou I’m not all in for the song I love the music video. It’s a freaking masterpiece! Even thou I still would pick ‘Crayon’ over ‘MichiGO’ anytime, this video is almost as awesome. I love that GD dares to stand out like he does, and I hate that every time he comes out with a music video like this he gets compared to Psy’s latest song. Just because he has had his releases a couple of days after Psy doesn’t mean he’s copying Psy! And yes, the songs does have a similar sound, but Psy and GD are working under the same label so the same people have probably had something to do with both songs. It’s actually quite likely that one or more people was involved in creating both songs! And the artists are completely different! Gaaah!! Don’t say that they are the same or that GD is just being crazy cause it worked for Psy!! He was doing crazy before ‘Gangnam Style’! Waaaaay before!!! Grrrr!!

*Takes very deep breath* So… now that that’s out of my system… Go check the song and video out below, and don’t forget to tell me what you think!!

~Rosey



No comments:

Post a Comment