Translate

Thursday, May 2, 2013

K-Pop Review: SHINee - Why So Serious?

I feel like I’m the only one that really like SHINee’s new sound, I feel like everyone else is like: ‘Meh! They were better before!’ I like their old sound too, but I like their new sound as well.

I think that SM should have waited with filming this until Jonghyun recovers from the accident, because it’s really weird to see SHINee with only four members. But I think Taemin does a really good job as main vocal when Jonghyun can’t, and I think that everyone should stop hating on him because he got all Jonghyun’s parts while he’s gone. It was a lot easier for SM to give it to Taemin than to Onew since he didn’t have that many parts to begin with. If Onew had gotten the parts they would have had to divide Onew’s parts too, since otherwise he would have had two parts to sing at the same time in some places. It wouldn’t have been possible. So it was very smart of SM to give the parts to Taemin, it created less trouble for everyone involved.

The song has a very different sound from what we’re used to from SHINee, but I like it a lot. And I like that they are playing around with new sounds, because many of their old songs sound sort of the same. And that gets really boring after a while. It feels a bit like a rock song mixed up with a musical. I don’t know how else to describe it. And I like both genres thou. I like rock a lot more than musicals, but sometimes it’s nice to watch a musical. And afterwards you’ll sing those songs for a few days, or in bad cases - weeks. And honestly, yes it gets a bit annoying when you can’t get a song out of your head, but that doesn’t mean the song was bad to begin with. I like musicals, and I’ve participated in a few. It’s fun, a bit weird, but still fun.

I don’t really understand the story part of the video. It’s strange… But who knew the members of SHINee could look so adorable? I sure didn’t. But something that everyone knew about is their skills as dancers, they are one of the best groups out there. And they show that of in this video, as they have in many videos before this, not that there was any news there. You can say a lot o f thing about SHINee, but don’t try to deny that they are good dancers, they are and always will be.

The video is down below, so check it out! Do you like it? Do you hate it? What do you think about SHINee’s new sound?

~Rosey



No comments:

Post a Comment