Translate

Thursday, May 23, 2013

K-Pop Review: VIXX - [hyde]

How can a group be this good? Especially when I didn’t really care for their debut song, ‘Super Hero’. But then they slap me in the face with ‘On and On’, and I like ‘Hyde’ even more than that one. I hope they’ll keep making songs like this. Darker, more… Creepy? Scary? Serous? No, no, no. Just dark songs, I have no better words to describe it.

The video is dark and a bit mysterious, and it has a Jekyll & Hyde concept, which is freaking amazingly done. The entire video feels a bit disturbing with pictures of rotting flesh, maggots, spiders and what not, and it really suits the concept well, seeing as Jekyll & Hyde is kind of disturbing. And I love how they have portrayed the character as well, the good and bad in the same person. They can be sweet and then try to kill her, things like that. I also love how they show it with makeup and clothes. Like their outfits are either black or white depending on if they are good or bad.

The dance suits the concept and song really well, and VIXX are really good dancers. From their first song till now they have always had good dances and they have always preformed them well. I love the beginning of the dance, when Leo is sitting on the ground and his hands are shaking. That looks really cool, as if he can’t control himself completely, or as if he’s fighting for control. But the entire dance is amazing, and works really well with the concept.

Now go check it out below! Do you like it? Do you hate it? Why?

~Rosey



No comments:

Post a Comment