Translate

Thursday, February 21, 2013

K-Pop Review: TEEN TOP - I Wanna Love

I was really looking forward to the release of this song and video! I mean, really... It's TEEN TOP's comeback!!!!!!!!!! *being all fan-girly*

But before I start I just have a couple of things to say: C.A.P - I LOVE your hair!! And also: Guys, were you aiming to beat some sort of record? I mean seriously, I know groups more or less always introduce themselves once or twice in their songs, but you don’t have to tell me (and hopefully no one else either) it’s you guys I’m listening to, I think that’s kind of clear, and if not I doubt anyone need you have to say it 11 times... x.x . But I love you anyway ♥

Anyywayy... The teaser really made me curious on the song, because as usually they show enough of the video to make you curious, but far too little for you to be able to figure the song out. What. So. Ever. I mean usually you can figure out some things through the teaser. For example: what theme the video is going to have. Like in Block B's Nillili Mambo, you knew that it was going to have a pirate theme by looking at the teaser, but you can't with this one… So typical TEEN TOP :P

When I first listened to this song I wasn't sure if I loved it or hated it, I'm not sure why, but it might have been because of the many, many repetitions of TEEN TOP in the song. But after 3 or 4 listens I knew I loved it, so... I guess I just needed to get over that xD But another thing about this song is that it doesn’t really have TEEN TOP's usual sound, don’t get me wrong, it’s not far off, it’s just… different. I think it might be a bit softer, maybe, or a bit more mature sounding...

But I have noticed a constant theme in their songs... I mean, Clap is about loving a girl who doesn't love them anymore, Supa Luv is about convincing a girl why she should love them, NMPOY is about them cheating on their girlfriend (which is totally super bad, guys!!! You shouldn’t sing about stuff like that!!!), Crazy is about a girl who doesn't love them back, To You is about a girl who doesn't love them back , too, Be Ma Girl is about confessing to a girl and I Wanna Love is about getting over a girl who they still love, but who doesn’t love them anymore... Can you see the pattern too?~

One thing that is very different about this video and their other videos is that this one barley has any (if any) dance scenes at all, while in their other videos at least 50 % of the video has been dance scenes, but the entire video of I Wanna Love has them posing, or getting over their lost love in different parts of Hong Kong, which definitely is different from ALL of their previous videos. But I still like it. It’s fresh and new, but I love their dancing as well.

But I just have to say: I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!! Once I listened to it again I realized that loved it, and it's now I can’t get enough! I don't know why, but even thou I at first were a little disappointed in it, now I can't stop listening to it, and I think this is one of those songs you can never really grow tired of. :P.

Well, now I've definitely talked for long enough, listen to the song and enjoy!!

 ~Rosey

No comments:

Post a Comment