Translate

Thursday, June 13, 2013

K-Pop Review: Henry - TRAP

I like this guy. He’s English is really good, he’s sort of cute, he sings well, he dances well. What is there not to like?

The song has a hip hop sound to it, thou I most definitely wouldn’t say it’s a hip hop song. I don’t really know what to call this song. It’s K-Pop, so deal with it! Henry’s, Teamin’s and Kyuhyun’s pretty vocals matched up with pretty piano and a good beat. To that there is also some amazing dancing - it’s simple and complex at the same time, pretty much like a SHINee or Super Junior dance (more like SHINee thou) - and a freaking amazing storyline behind it. I didn’t think I would ever say that about SM’s usually kind of boring box-set videos. But this one has a really amazing storyline too it as well. And it’s really well made too. I’m actually really surprised! I didn’t think SM had it in them to make videos like this. It reminds me more of a LOEN video than a SM video. They did really well with conveying the feelings of the scenes and creating a complete and easily understandable story with only a few scenes.

The video matches the song sort of well with the story line. The song is about feeling trapped in a hopeless relationship, but the video makes it seem more as if he feels trapped and unable to move on after a relationship has ended. That’s at least how I interpreted the video when I saw it.

The video is down below, so go check it out and tell me what you think! Does it feel as if the video and the song doesn’t completely see eye to eye?

~Rosey



No comments:

Post a Comment