Translate

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Anime Review: Nyan Koi!




Nyan Koi! revolves around Kousaka Junpei, a second-year in high school who has an allergy to cats, and because of it doesn’t want anything to do with them. One day, on his way home from school he attempts to kick an empty can into a trashcan, but misses and breaks the guardian deity of cats. After this unfortunate event he soon realizes that he now can understand what cats are saying and he learns that he has been cursed by the cat deity. He has to fulfill the wishes of 100 cats, or he himself will turn into one and there is one more catch: No one can find out about it.

This anime is really funny and cute with Junpei’s attempts to get the girl (which always seems to end in tragedy), while at the same time fulfilling the wishes of cats and keeping it a secret from everyone around him. It’s a pretty typical romantic comedy, with every cliché in the book being a part of it, but with a twist: Cats. Lots and lots of cats. Thou, that’s probably why it didn’t feel boring, maybe a little predictable, but definitely not boring. It’s the type of anime that you would like to watch when you don’t really know what you want to watch, but you want to watch something. Or when you’re tired, but don’t feel like going to bed just yet.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Even thou this is a really funny and cute anime it’s far from perfect, and I guess you could easily feel like you’ve seen everything before, since its filled witch clichés. But that is also one of its many charms. And not to mention how cute all the cats are! Kya! Kawaii!

Anyway, this anime has a lot going for it, for a twelve episode anime, I mean, 100 cats! But I was still sure it was going to end with them, but no. Of course not. He didn’t get the girl yet, and the curse has not been lifted. But the ending was really surprising, and I was crying because I thought he would die! But then he didn’t, and I was like, YAY! And then it ended. And I was like, whaaat? No more? It ended there? No season 2? Weird… I really wish it could have been a bit longer, so that they could have finished it up. Now it just feels like it had a hastily thrown together ending due to budget cuts or something.

But it was so saaad! He turned into a cat, and was dying of allergies when Kaede showed up, and then she hugged his kitty self, not knowing that it was him, and she was like, thank you Junpei. Thanks to you cats like me! And he was like, I can die happily now… I was sooo sad! (Thou, the scene only lasted a couple of minutes.) And then she was like, he really care a lot about cats, there is no way the curse can be real! He’s just a very caring person! And then there was this bright light, and boom! Curse back to normal, and he’s standing naked in the bushes. And I was like, what just happened? He was seeing angels (kitty angels), and then swoosh! He’s human again! And there is no what so ever sign he was dying, literally, a second ago… What? And then his friends show up and start beating him up, and that’s the end of the scene… Probably one of the weirdest and most awkward scenes I have ever seen, but it’s also my favorite scenes in the anime, because I like sad scenes for some reason… I’m weird and I know it, but if I don’t feel sad, scared or laugh hysterically at least once while watching an anime or drama I rarely ever think it was particularly good…

*Links*

Want know more about this Anime? Go to;
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6512/Nyan_Koi

Want to watch it? Go to;
http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/nyan-koi-online

~Rosey

No comments:

Post a Comment