Translate

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Anime Review: Karneval



Nai is searching for someone important to him, his only clue an old bracelet. Gareki steals and pick-pockets to get by day by day. The two of them meet by chance in a strange mansion, and Gareki ends up rescuing Nai from the dangerous situation he’s in, which ends up with the two of them stumbling upon something they could never have imagined. Not long after they encounter none other than the country’s most powerful defense organization, Circus, who takes them under their wing after finding out about Nai’s “gift”.

This anime was very different from what I had first thought, still just as amazing as I had believed, just very different. It’s an intriguing and colorful anime about friendship and hardships in a way I haven’t really seen before. It has a lot to offer, it’s funny, sad, cute, exciting and just a little bit scary. The only thing it doesn’t have is romance, and honestly I think it was for the best. It definitely didn’t need it, and it would probably have made the series quite awkward. But I still think this is a series you should check out, if you haven’t already, because like I said, it’s amazing!

*SPOILER ALERT*

The thing that probably threw me off a bit at first and when I realized this was not going to be anything like I had imagined was probably the fact that Nai is actually a small, cute and rare animal called Niji. That was just, well… yeah… But once I got used to that it was actually quite cute, especially since Gareki always end up thinking about him as that small animal in cute situations, like when he’s playing in the snow. It’s really super cute, and it’s also explains a lot about Nai’s choices of words and his actions. Like when he explained why he was searching for Karoku he uses the words “there were many red puddles” instead of “there was a lot of blood”, and things like that.

My favorite episode is probably the first or the last episode, because they were really amazing episodes, but all episodes was very good, all for their own reasons. But the first one was really amazing in how they made the Vaugra’s change, it looked so creepy, and it was also an amazing first episode full of action and drama, and it really made you look forward to the rest of the anime.

The last episode was amazing because of how funny and cute it was, and I also liked the way they ended it. It could be one of those endings where you have to figure the rest out for yourself, thou it certainly seemed like it would be a happy ending, but it was also very inviting for a second season (which I totally hope for!).

Something I find quite funny is the fact that I can’t really choose a favorite scene, I usually can, but there are so many good ones! But one scene that stood out to me was the goodbye scene in the last episode, it was just so funny and adorable! I loved the fact that they had all misunderstood and thought that Gareki was leaving for good, when he actually was just leaving because he wanted to study so that he could come back as a member of the Circus. And they were so cute, giving him stuffed animals that would remind him of them, and the one of the Niji, that Nai and Tsukumo had made together was, well, cute(?) in its own deformed way… But that entire scene was soooo cute and adorable, and I really, really, really hope that there will be a season two, and that they build it on that scene, so that it starts with Gareki’s return, or just before it.

*Links*

Want know more about this Anime? Go to;
http://myanimelist.net/anime/16035/Karneval_(TV)

Want to watch it? Go to;
http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/karneval-online

~Rosey

No comments:

Post a Comment